Common Criminal Data Questions and Answers

1. Q: What information is contained in a Criminal/Sex Offender report?
A: Typically these reports include the disposition date, arrest date, county, case #, defendant name, DOB, race, sex, charge(s), dispositions and sentence. However, information varies by state. For security reasons, most courts have removed social security numbers from their criminal records.

2. Q: Why is my Criminal/Sex Offender report "Pending"?
A: To provide you with the most accurate criminal information, our Public Records Team must manually cross-reference the records to eliminate any false-positive matches. Criminal records vary greatly across jurisdictions and many do not include social security numbers or even dates of birth. This could take up to 24 hours depending on how common is your applicant's name and how comprehensive is the court's data. After careful analysis, our experts will send you an email letting you know when your report is ready. Please be sure to add "" to your safe-senders list.

3. Q: Which states are included in the National Sex Offender search?
A: All 50 states are included in this search.

4. Q: Which states are included in the Multi-State Criminal search?
A: AK, AL*, AZ, AR, CT, CO*, FL, GA, HI, ID*, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, ME, MD, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WI

*In order to provide you with the most comprehensive data available, an additional Alabama, Colorado or Idaho statewide criminal search will be performed when applicants live in one of those states, at no additional cost.

5. Q: Which states are NOT included in the Multi-State Criminal search?
A: The following states' court systems report very limited data and often will not return any matches to your applicant:

California (CA); Guam (GU); Louisiana (LA); Nevada (NV); Puerto Rico (PR); Virgin Islands (VI); Washington DC (DC); West Virginia (WV)

The following states' court systems do not report any criminal data at all:

Delaware (DE); Massachusetts (MA); South Dakota (SD); Wyoming (WY)

6. Q: What if an applicant has a question about the Criminal/Sex Offender Search?
A: If your applicant feels that there is incorrect/incomplete information regarding a public record they should contact the court listed in the record to correct any errant information.